If you’ve been following me for any amount of time at all, you know that Brad and I value date night. This time of year, like with everything else, can make it seem like we need to go above and beyond on our date nights. However, date nights don’t have to be super extravagant even during this time of year. Here are some Christmas date ideas for any couple:
At home dates
- Gingerbread house contest
- Christmas movie marathon
- Decorate Christmas cookies or bake together
- Play board games by the fireplace
- Wrap presents together. Make a game out of it, have fun!
- Candlelight dinner at home. Get dressed up, make a fancy dinner together.
- Sleep under the Christmas tree together
- Make a Christmas craft or DIY together
- Dream together for the next year. Check out my post How to Make Meaningful New Years Resolutions as Husband & Wife for some guidance.
- Get Datebox. They do the planning and supplying for you, all you have to do is enjoy yourself. I have a 50% coupon with the code CNHEATHCOCK50.
Going out dates
- Drive around and look at lights. Grab some hot cocoa and play Christmas music. See my Ultimate Guide to Christmas in North Texas for ideas if you live in Texas.
- Go see a Christmas movie in theatres
- Serve those that are less fortunate together
- Go on a holiday drink scavenger hunt and try holiday drinks at all your local coffee shops
- Go people watching. The holiday season brings EVERYBODY out, go sit at a mall or busy shopping center, grab a hot drink, and be entertained.
- Attend a Christmas concert
- Dress up and go to a fancy restaurant
- Go ice skating
- Go on a Christmas scavenger hunt together. Pinterest has a TON of them.
- Attend a sports event. This time of year is so busy with sports, find some cheap tickets, enjoy a night out, and root for your favorite team.
The fun thing about date nights this time of year is that you can turn them into traditions. Make it something you do every year together, give it meaning. Your relationship will only go as far as you invest in it, making memories and traditions is part of investing. What are your favorite Christmas date ideas?
Shop our looks here.
Also SO excited to share more from our Christmas shoot with Jamie Huffman Photography! We had the hardest time choosing just a few for our Christmas cards because we loved them so much!