Fall has officially begun and it is one of my favorite seasons! I love the smells of Fall, the pumpkins, the cooler weather, the football games, the whole shebang. I love that it reminds us to be grateful and brings us closer together. Fall and Winter are the two seasons I actually decorate my house for and I really enjoy coming up with practical ways to decorate for less, while still keeping it festive and cute!
3 Practical Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall:
1 // Fall Scents
You can utilize Fall smells in many different ways. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Hand Soap. We put soap in the bathrooms, the kitchen, and other places around the house. I recently purchased this Mrs. Meyer’s Apple Cider scented soap from Target. They also have it in dish soap and multisurface cleaner. It smells so good and the bottle is cute. They also have a pumpkin scent as well.
- Candles. I love candles. You could say that I have a problem. Fall and Winter scents are my favorite. I use them all year long because that’s just the smells I like as opposed to summery and spring scents. Here are a few of my favorite candles right now: The Leaves scent from Bath and Body Works and this Spiced Apple Bourbon candle from the Target Dollar Spot.
2 // Get Creative with Your Idea of Decor
I have learned as a lady on a budget how to get creative with my decorating. Here are a few ways to add Fall elements in things you use every day:
- Tissue Boxes. My husband has really bad allergies so we keep tissues on the reg. I recently got these adorable Fall tissue boxes from Target and they are the perfect way to decorate practically. It’s also very cheap! They come in a set of 4 as well as individually.
- Kitchen Towels. Everyone uses their kitchen towels, but you can spend a couple bucks in the Target dollar section and score some cute Fall kitchen towels that add that small Fall touch. This Hello Fall Kitchen Towel is adorable and it’s only $3 from Target.
3 // Utilize Fall Sweets and Snacks
I actually really like Candy Corn and I look forward to enjoying them every year. If you get creative, they make great decor. A 2 lb bag of Candy Corn (and it’s on sale right now) is super cheap and it looks cute even if you don’t like the taste. Here are a few ways you could utilize Halloween candy to decorate your home:
- Vases. Anything looks good filling up a clear vase and this allows you to get super creative!
- Mason Jars. I got those cute little mason jars from the Target Dollar Spot for $3 and they add a nice little touch to our coffee table full of Fall candies. (The best part is that I can reuse them year round!)
- Festive Candy Bowls and Trays. I got this Pumpkin Candy Bowl from the Target Dollar Spot (no surprise there lol) and I decided to fill it with candy corn. It’s classy yet functional. You can also find adorable candy bowls and trays at any thrift store, TJ Maxx, Walmart, or Hobby Lobby for cheap.
I hope this was helpful in getting your creative juices flowing. Decor doesn’t have to be expensive nor does it have to be impractical. What is your most creative, practical way to decorate your home for the season?