I am the BIGGEST Lesley Knope fan there ever was, which means I LOVE Galentine’s Day! I have thrown many Galentine’s Day parties and I love celebrating my gal pals any chance I get! I have come up with a few activity ideas for those who want to go out and do something, as well as some Galentine’s Day party must haves!
Galentine’s Day Going Out Activities:
- Break up into teams and go on a scavenger hunt. You can make the hunt however you want. Here are some ideas: specific to your friendship and memories you have, valentines date spot theme, or you can probably look up one specific to your city.
- Schedule a photoshoot. Get dressed up with your gal pals and have a fun photoshoot.
- Do an escape room. These are super fun, they take about an hour, and it’s a unique experience that you get to have together. It’s the most fun to do with people you know, that’s why it would be perfect for a Galentine’s Day outing.
- Go to a really nice restaurant. Get dressed up and treat each other. Pay for the person on your right. It’s like a fancy date, but with your gals! It gives you an excuse to dress up and what girl doesn’t like that!
- Have a spa day. What gal doesn’t want to get pampered and hangout with her best friends all day?
- Attend a dance class. If you’re good at dancing or not, it’ll be a night full of fun because you’ll either be killin’ it together or laughing until you pee your pants!
- Attend one of those painting/crafting classes. These are really fun and you get to take your masterpiece home to cherish the memory forever.
- Go on a shopping spree. In true Parks and Rec fashion, treat yo self!
Galentine’s Day Party Must Haves:
1. Have a theme! The theme is Galentine’s Day, but be a little more specific. Here are a few ideas:
- Pink & Red, duh! This could work for a casual party or a more dressed up party.
- Pajama party! If you’re planning a cozy night in, this theme would be perfect!
2. Have a cute dessert or two. Every girl loves dessert and they are perfect for celebrating! Here are a few ideas:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Cake Balls
3. Have some awesome drink choices that everyone will like. Parties aren’t complete without beverages. Here are few ideas:
- Coffee Bar with an assortment of creamers and flavors
- Sparkling Juice Bar with fruit
- Hot Chocolate Bar with an assortment of candies and add-ins
- Soda Bar for those who are a little more casual
4. Have some fun games to play. I love to play games and they add a whole new element to a party! Here are a few ideas:
- Board games are always a hit. Here are some of my party favorites:
- Apples to Apples
- What do you Meme?
- Werewolf (one of our favorite group games to play)
- Minute to win it games are so much fun! There are so many options and they have some specific to certain holidays!
- Team games are also fun! You can turn the minute to win it games into a tournament if you like being competitive.
- Valentine’s Day Trivia is also a good one.
5. Florals, florals, florals! Valentine’s Day is all about flowers and chocolate, so why wouldn’t Galentine’s Day be too? A gal can appreciate a good bouquet. Here are some different options to incorporate flowers into your party:
- Floral centerpiece or on the tablescape
- Floral party favors for your gals to take home
- Bouquet-making party, each person gets to make their own bouquet
6. Other activities you could do include:
- Making a pinterest craft
- Have a movie night in
- Have a spa night in
Here are a few of my gal pals from my wedding! If we lived closer, we’d totally be celebrating our friendship this week! I hope this was helpful and gave you some ideas! I apologize again for the delay, but I wanted to thank everyone who kept my family in their prayers. You guys are the best!
I’d love to hear from you, what are your Galentine’s Day plans? Or what do you like to do with your gal pals?