February is here, can you believe it?! When February comes around there are two types of people: 1. The type that love Valentines Day, embrace the month of “love”, eat the chocolates, wear pink and red, and then there is 2. the type who hate February, all things Valentines Day, and are counting down those 28 long days until the month is over. No matter which category you fall in, or even if you’re a little in between, this challenge is for YOU!
This is the month of love, but I’m putting a little twist on it and giving you a really fun challenge. That challenge is to love others around you. Not just every so often, but all month long. This challenge has so many different ways to love those around us, even people we don’t know. It’s a great way to start out the year practicing these practical steps of showing appreciation and love to you, your friends, your spouses, your community, and so much more.
“Be Love” Month Challenge
1. Make a list of the people you love and keep it somewhere you can see it often. Whenever you notice it, send them an encouraging or sweet message.
2. Call someone in your family just to say “thank you.”
3. Pick up trash somewhere, even if it’s not yours.
4. Donate to a cause that’s promoting positive change.
5. Pay for the person behind you in the drive thru.
6. Send someone an encouraging quote or scripture.
7. Help clean up without being asked.
8. Reach out to the person you’ve been waiting to reach out to you and ask them to lunch.
9. Pray for someone you don’t know.
10. Write a thank you note to someone you work/live with.
11. Go the whole day without complaining.
12. Write someone an encouraging note and give it to them.
13. Give to someone in need.
14. Tell someone you love them and why. Bonus: Tell someone you haven’t told in awhile.
15. Let someone into your lane while driving.
16. Make someone you love their favorite meal or dessert.
17. Smile at everyone you see.
18. Publicly praise someone, whether that’s on social media or in front of others.
19. Get someone a thoughtful gift, nothing big, but something that reminds you of them.
20. Give 5 people genuine compliments.
21. Forgive someone for something you’ve been really holding onto. (remember forgiveness doesn’t mean what that person did is okay or right, it is accepting that it happened and moving on. Also remember that you don’t have to tell someone you forgave them in order to officially forgive them.)
22. Wear a red X on your hand to spread awareness for human trafficking for the end it movement. (use the hashtag #enditmovement on social media)
23. Ask someone how their day is and genuinely want to know.
24. Say you’re sorry. Whatever that means to you.
25. Call someone you haven’t talked to in awhile and have a real conversation.
26. Do a chore without being asked and without expecting anything in return.
27. Put a tip in the tip jar or tip generously at a restaurant.
28. Love yourself. Do something you love today.
Make sure you’re following me on Instagram because I will be posting giveaways and surprises to help you along the way to complete this 28 Day Challenge to Love Those Around You.
Also, use the hashtag #LoveMonthChallenge if you share anything on social media throughout this month!